Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Words...

Haha. I suddenly remembered about reading. I'm always interested in reading various stories, in English. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to like reading Malay literature. It's not like I'm forgetting my roots & origins, but English literature does intrigue me since I was small. Their choice of words is interesting, compared to Malay ones, which didn't quite 'pop' in my opinion. Maybe that's why I like doing essays rather than finishing long, winding 'karangan's.

I have tons and tons of ideas when I'm doing essays, regardless of doing any mistakes in grammars or vocabs, but when I'm about to start a karangan? My mind just went blank. Yes, I always struggled when I'm doing karangan. I always got B in BM but I aced in English. I almost write everything in English, which does make me worried sometimes.

Maybe my upbringing is the fact that I like English so much. My family are literate in English. But from what I remember, they don't specifically taught me the language word-by-word. My friends did asked me why do I excel in English. I remembered I told them these:

1. Tau la, kecik2 dulu behi tengok katun kot.
2. Meme minat kot.
3. ...Ok, I forgot.

In fact, I like reading English literature so much that I started to dwell myself in some fiction. Fan-fiction, to be exact. After I read some wonderful fictional pieces by wonderful writers on the internet, I thought, "Hey, I could write too, no?" Hahaha.

So, the first fiction that I wrote was about a famous band member. I used to like the band, but when I think of it now...man, I'm such a hopeless, desperate fangirl back then. Hahaha. The story was about 1175 words. You can say that I could call it a short story.

My second work? I wrote ANOTHER story about said-band-member. This time it was about 1566 words. Yes, I kept my pieces in my private online diary. :p

My third work? Yes, it's the third crazy fangirl fiction about him again. But after I read this again, it's quite a masterpiece. Hahaha.

Then I wrote stories about boys, foreign penpals and manga characters. Total works of fiction? I think about 7, including this...novel that I wrote which I stopped at chapter 16. Yes, I'm too lazy to write now, eventhough I have all the time this world has to offer me. I did try to write 2 stories so far this year, but I already lose interest in them. They're still there, in the folder, but at the same time I couldn't bear to delete them. It's a dead end.

Hell, on exams when doing English essays, I ALWAYS choose the one with the 'end the story with bla bla bla'. See? I love writing crappy stories. Hahaha.

Well, I'm reading some fiction right now. Tata.

No comments:

hamster virtual pon jadi laa